Slow Cooker Roast Beef Philly Cheesesteak French Dip Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Slow cooker roast beef served Philly cheesesteak style with peppers and onion and cheese in a grilled cheese sandwich with a side of ‘au jus’ for dipping!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 8 slices bread
- 2 cups slow cooker roast beef
- 2 cups provolone cheese, shredded
- 1 cup juices from slow cooker roast beef (warm)
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat, add the onions and pepper and cook until tender, about 3-5 minutes, before adding the garlic and cooking for another half a minute.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread, sprinkle half of the cheese onto the unbuttered sides of half of the slices of bread followed by 1/4 of the mixture of the roast beef and the onions and peppers, followed by the remaining cheese and finally topping with the remaining slices of bread with the buttered side up.
- Grill over medium heat until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2-3 minutes per side.