Foil Pack Garlic Herb Sausage, Shrimp, and Veggies
- Heavy Duty Foil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1-2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 ears sweet corn, cut off the cob
- 2 medium sized zucchinis, cut into half moons
- 1 package (13 ounces) hardwood smoked turkey sausage (or pre-cooked/smoked sausage of choice)
- 1 pound large raw shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon EACH: dried oregano, dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon EACH: garlic powder, onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Seasoned salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Optional: chopped parsley
Pre-heat the grill to medium-high heat or the oven to 400 degrees F.
Cut the top off the pepper and remove the ribs and seeds. Cut the pepper into strips and then into small squares.
Remove the husk from corn and cut the corn off the cob. Halve the zucchinis and then cut into half moons. Dice the tomato(s). Coin the sausage.
In a large bowl add in the prepared veggies, sausage, shrimp, and garlic. Add in the olive oil and all of the seasonings: dried oregano, dried parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and about 1/2 to 1 full (to taste) teaspoons seasoned salt and freshly cracked pepper.
Put a generous amount of the mixture in the center of a large piece of heavy duty foil and then fold up to create a secure enclosing. (Allow some room for expansion and steam).
Cook on preheated grill for 8-10 minutes on one side, then flip and cook another 4-6 minutes on the other side. Alternately, bake in the oven for 12-17 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through and pink!
Enjoy garnished with fresh parsley if desired.