Restaurant Style Refried Beans Recipe
- 3 cups dried pinto beans, rinsed and picked over
- 7 cups water
- 2 Tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 medium white onion, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2½ teaspoons ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded Mexican cheese blend (optional) *a must*
- Add all of the ingredients, except for the salt and pepper to the crock-pot. Cook on high for 9 hours. At this point the beans will be tender and a bunch of them will have popped open.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the beans until smooth or leave them the way they are whole. Add more water as needed, or if you’re feeling decadent add a couple tablespoons of butter! Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with shredded Mexican cheese.