Slow Cooker Beef Sandwiches with Horseradish Coleslaw
Slow Cooker Beef Sandwiches
- 1 medium sweet onion, peeled and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 3 pounds boneless beef pot roast
- 14.5 ounce can reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon course ground pepper
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2-4 tablespoons prepared horseradish look for a prepared horseradish with horseradish listed as the first ingredient, to taste
- 1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 16 ounce bag coleslaw veggie mix
Place sliced onions in a layer across the bottom of the slow cooker.
Sprinkle garlic over onions.
Lay the roast over the garlic and onions.
Pour the broth and Worcestershire sauce around the roast.
Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper.
Cover, and cook on low for 8-9 hours, or until the meat shreds easily.
To make the horseradish coleslaw, whisk together all of the ingredients except for veggie mix in a large bowl.
Add veggie mix a little at a time, tossing to mix.
Cover, and refrigerate the coleslaw for about 1 ½ – 2 hours before serving.
To serve, place shredded beef on bun and top with coleslaw.