Slow Cooker Candied Sweet Potatoes
Yields: 12 servings | Calories: 242 | Total Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 86mg | Carbohydrates: 31g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 19g | Protein: 2g | SmartPoints: 11
- 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped pecan or walnut pieces
- Add sliced sweet potatoes to a slow cooker. In a bowl, combine the sugar and spice and sprinkle over potatoes. Toss to coat. Add butter. Cover and cook until tender, about 4-6 hours on low, or 2-3 hours on high.
- Add candied sweet potatoes to a serving bowl and sprinkle with pecans or walnuts.